Saturday 26 February 2011

Decoden, my next art project!

I’ve discovered decoden very recently, while reading Shmuberry’s blog http://www.shmuberry.com/ a blogger who is, like me from Montreal! =) She decos all kinds of things from phones, to pill boxes and I think it’s sooo cute ♥

She has really inspired me to try out for myself, but I’m a little hesitant. It doesn’t look too difficult, but I’m not sure how to get myself started. Does anyone have recommendations on affordable decoden tools shops? What type of glue should I use?

Here’s an example of a decoed phone:


I found the picture on : http://dollyhearts.blogspot.com/2010/02/decoden.html =D Isn't this so cute? And you can make it exactly the way you want it so all the items you deco are unique. I just love the concept ^^


I was thinking I could start slow by buying a clear case for my ipod touch and decoing that... If I fail, at least there’s no harm done, right?

I really like Hello kitty themes, sweets, bows, pearls, mirrors and strawberries! I cannot wait to make all my stuff super cute and girly ♥

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm glad my post inspired you to start doing decoden! since it your first time, you might want to start with a smaller project, like a pillbox :3 you don't need to buy as much materials! Also, I recommend that you use epoxy glue, you can find some at Omer Desserres!! Good luck! Let me know how it turns out!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! That helps a lot =D I will totally let you know how my first attempt turns out, can't wait to get myself started now =p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...