Sunday 27 February 2011

Review : DKNY Be delicious and Be delicious fresh blossom

I have recently bought this DKNY delicous duo rollerball which combines two popular scents : DKNY be delicious original and DKNY be delicious fresh blossom. I think the idea of combining two fragrances into one handy portable and affordable product is genius! So, I decided to review them for you, so that anyone who might be on the fence about purchasing this product can get a better idea of what it has to offer =D

Here is a picture of the product I got of the Sephora.com website!

I have to say, I really like the concept of being able to try out two fragrances, without purchasing full size bottles. Also, the roller ball is extremely handy and I can throw it into my handbag and reapply throughout the day. I love that you can travel with this, without worrying about it leaking inside your bag. The pink side is the Be delicious Fresh blossom perfume, while the green side is the original Be Delicious fragrance. It was only 22$ CAD at Sephora if I remember correctly, very cheap for the amount of product you get.

These are the notes of both fragrances that I found on Sephora.com

DKNY Be Delicous Notes : American Apple, Cucumber, Grapefruit, Candid Magnolia, Tuberose, White Muguet, Rose, Violet, Sandalwood, Tender Skin Accord, Blonde Woods, White Amber

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom : Grapefruit, Cassis, Apricot, Muguet, Rose, Jasmine, Apple, Blond Woods, Smooth Skin Accord.

DKNY Be Delicious : You can definitely smell the apple with a hint of cool cucumber when first applied. The fragrance is fresh, crisp and clean smelling. It’s not at all over powering, it’ s actually quite mild and subtle, perfect for everyday wear in my opinion. I feel like this would be more of a summer fragrance since it’s very light, if you’re into that kind of thing. Personally I wear any type of smell year round, but that really depends on your personal preference. As time progresses, you can smell more and more of the flowery notes, which is also very pleasant. Overall, I really enjoy this perfume, even though I usually prefer sweeter scents. I’m however glad that I only got the roller ball one, since I’m not sure if it’s the type of scent I prefer for myself. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoy, clean and fresh scents that are not powdery.

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom: Right away, the notes in this fragrance are a lot more citrusy than the original fragrance. The grapefruit and apricot appear to be dominant, but the scent itself is very subtle just like the Be Delicious original perfume. Fresh blossom also appears to be an excellent spring/summer everyday scent just like Be Delicious original. Like the name says, it’s also a very fresh smelling fragrance, but it feels a lot warmer than the cool cucumber notes found in the original. With this scent, I have found that I’m rather keen of citrus smells, something I would have never guessed since I naturally gravitate towards vanilla and spices. I prefer this scent to the original for myself.

As for staying power, I feel like both of these fragrances fade rather quickly, which is kind of surprising as it is supposed to be an eau de parfum. The scent does linger, but it loses most of its potency (which is mild to begin with) to the point where you can almost not smell it anymore. Not a problem, since the product is so handy, you can reapply as much as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...