Sunday 27 February 2011

My favourite breakfast : berry smoothie


Ever since I was little, my breakfast of choice has always been cereal (my favourites are Reese puffs =D). They might be tasty, but as the years passed, I realised how little nutrition value they offer. After an hour and a half in class, I would be absolutely starting, and lunch was still more than 2 hours away!

When I moved into my own place, I kept on with cereal breakfasts for a while, but every morning, in class, I’d be starving. Who can concentrate on a difficult Integral calculus class with an empty stomach? Well, I couldn’t. That’s when I discovered homemade smoothies. My boyfriend found a recipe on the internet for a berry smoothie so we decided to give it a go!

To me, smoothies appear like they would be a treat more than something that's good for you, but this recipe is super healthy! Now, I start each day with a good amount of fruits and protein. The best part? I’m not hungry as quickly =D


The glass looked boring on its own so I put a little elephant next to it XD I really got to learn how to take proper food pictures...


Recipe for 2 smoothies:

1 cup of natural apple juice (the brown kind)
2 cups of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries)
1 banana
100g of silk/soft tofu

Blend everything well with a blender and serve! So yummy ♥

Tell me what you think if you decide to try it!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...