Wednesday 16 March 2011

Quick review : L’oréal Voluminous mascara



I bought this mascara recently to replace what I had been using for the last six months. I was using 2 different samples, one from Clinique and one from Sephora, both of which I cannot afford to buy the full size.

I also wanted to try something that would give me a more intense look since both mascara I used gave off a pretty natural effect. Clinique was very subtle and while the Sephora sample gave a little volume, it didn't do anything too dramatic. I had heard the girls from Eleventh Gorgeous on Youtube talking about this mascara recently so I decided to give it a try since it's pretty affordable (and it was on sale, yay!).

The formula is a lot more wet than what I’m used to, but I like the effect that it gives my lashes. It makes them super long, very dark and voluminous. The only issue with the wetness of the formula is that when I apply it, my lashes touch my lid and make mascara dots on my skin. It’s a little annoying to clean up, but nothing I can’t work with!





Another thing that I don’t like about this is the packaging. Don’t get me wrong, I love the look of the tube itself (the grey matte finish with the golden cap looks very nice), it’s the stopper that bothers me. It lets out WAY too much product for my taste. It clumps up my lashes instantly if I’m not careful. I have, however, found a solution for this : I take a clean piece of paper and wipe the brush excess product off then apply it. Problem solved!

Overall, I love this mascara! It doesn’t smudge around my eyes, looks amazing on my lashes and the slight imperfections I have found about it can be worked around easily. I had to get used to the application though, but now that I got the hang of it, I really enjoy it. I like to layer it over my lash blast mascara also, it gives a really nice effect.

I would recommend this to anyone who is not scared of a quite wet mascara and loves having long, luscious and volumised looking lashes!


Recap :


Colour: Blackest Black

Price : 5,50$ CAD at Walmart (on sale! I have no clue what the regular price is)

My opinion : I love this mascara, it looks great on my lashes and doesn’t smudge. It is inexpensive and the quality is great. However, if you do not like wet mascaras, beware! You probably won’t like this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...