Wednesday 23 March 2011

Review : Hard candy First Flush set

I bought this hard Candy set last time I went to Walmart. I had some time to try it out, so here is my review!

According to my estimations, you get about 10$ worth of product with this set. I paid 8 or 9 bucks for it, so no huge savings here, but it's definitely not a rip off either! You pay for what you get basically.


What I love about this set is that it allows me to try out new products in smaller sizes, so if I end up not enjoying them, I haven't wasted my money on the full size!

Also, since it comes in a set, it features products that I probably would not necessarily have been drawn to in the first place. Because of that, I have discovered new products that I love and will probably repurchase, but I haven't had to take the leap of faith of buying a full-priced item. For example, the Glow all the way and the lip gloss are products I probably would not have picked up for myself if they hadn't been in the kit. I'm very glad I've tried both of them, though I'm not sure that I would repurchase all of these products.


This is the breakdown of all the products.

Swatches



Name : Blush Crush Baked Blush

Colour : Living doll

Size : 0,18 oz

% of full size : about 60%

Smell : None, at least to me.

Texture : Silky and not overly powdery. Very shimmery.

Pigmentation : Excellent, you barely need any product at all when applying this. The colour comes out easily, you barely need to apply any pressure to get a good colour payoff.

My thoughts : I love this blush, the quality is outstanding and the colour is a very lovely shimmery dolly pink. The pigmentation is incredible and the blush applies evenly. The colour can be built up, or applied subtely if you want a more understated look. However, if you do not like your blush to be shimmery, you will not like this blush. The shimmer is very noticeable.

Would repurchase? : Yes

Name : Plumping Serum Volumizing Lip Gloss

Colour : Uptown girl (I think)

Size : 0,04 oz

% of full size : about 40%

Smell : It has a pretty strong sweet smell. It smells kind of like a very sweet vanilla cake to me.

Texture : Smooth, not gritty, but very sticky.

Pigmentation : Very sheer

My thoughts : This gloss, is a plumping gloss, which means it tingles when applied. The sensation is quite mild, but I know some people really dislike the tingling sensation. I, on the other hand, quite enjoy it. I haven't noticed any difference in the size of my lips after applying this though, so I doubt the plumping part really works. The colour is very sheer, you can barely notice the pretty blue-toned pink on my lips. The gloss has very fine shimmer in it, which is noticeable on the lips, but subtle. For me, that is a good thing. I hate glittery lip glosses usually because my lips tend to be dry and the glitter goes into the lines of my lips which is not pretty. The wear is average, I wouldn't say this is a very long wearing lip gloss, but I don't have to reapply all the time either. Overall I like this, but it's not a must have for me. It would probably give off a better effect if layered over a pink lipstick than by itself.

Would repurchase? : No, it doesn't stand out to me enough, I would rather try their new really big lip glosses in the future.

Name : Glow All the Way Face & Body luminizer

Colour : A very pretty shimmery pale pink.

Size : 0,35 oz

% of full size : about 13%

Smell : It doesn't have much of a smell to me.

Texture : A smooth creamy texture in the tube which becomes a more powdery finish when blended out. Silky and very shimmery.

Pigmentation : It becomes sheer when blended out, which is what you would expect from an highlighter.

My thoughts : This makes a really nice cheekbone highlighter if you, like me, have a pink undertone. Its subtle, but definitely noticeable. I really enjoy this product and since you only need a tiny little bit, this small size should last me a while.

Would repurchase? : No (unless I buy another kit like this one), because this is only about 13% of the full size. I only use a pin-size amount every time I use it, so I would most likely have no use for a huge container of it. I love the product, but since it's going to last me a while, I will probably feel like trying out something new once I run out instead of getting a huge backup of it. I know this can be used for the body, but for now I'm not really into that, but we'll see since spring is approaching! I might like to start luminizing my body, who knows =p



Name : Sheer Envy Face Primer

Colour : Transluscent

Size : 0,40 oz

% of full size : 25 %

Smell : None as far as I can tell.

Texture : Silky smooth, not greasy at all.

Pigmentation : n/a

My thoughts : So far, even though I don't wear foundation very often, I think I like this primer. Of course, I'm not the most competent to say if it does what it's supposed to, but I found it confortable on my skin. It did not feel heavy and my foundation seemed to apply a little more evenly. Also, I noticed that the texture of my skin looked less noticeable when wearing this primer. I do not know yet if my makeup stays on longer with this, since the coverage I usually wear is very light. I will have to keep on trying this out to know better how I feel about this. Right now, I think I like it just fine. Let me know if you've tried this and what you thought about it!

Would repurchase? : Yes, unless I find something wrong about it! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...