Monday 4 April 2011

Lunch at Nickels


On our day off, my boyfriend and I went out for lunch and to shop for some necessities. We chose to eat at Nickels for lunch!

This was my first time taking pictures of food inside a restaurant and I was a little self conscious. Fortunately, the lighting wasn't too bad, so I didn't have to take as many pictures as I thought to get pretty good results.

Of course, my food photography skills leave somewhat to be desired in comparison to many, but I think the shots are decent enough!

I chose the fish and chips! ♥

The fish was nice and crisp, not soggy or wet. The fries were lightly seasonned and thin and very crispy. I wasn't a fan of the coleslaw, but I never am. The only coleslaw I've ever enjoyed so far is the coleslaw from St-Hubert. Also, I was a little disapointed by the Kraft tartar sauce I was given. I would have preferred homemade obviously. Overall, my lunch was nice, if nothing out of the ordinary. It was a little heavy for lunch though =p The plate was huge! I left more than half of the fries, because I was so full!


And my boyfriend chose the Smoked meat sandwich (one of Nickels' specialty)

I only had a tiny bite of it, so I can't really comment, but I've had this dish countless times in the past! Nickels' smoked meat sandwich is always a treat!


The service was quick, friendly and efficient even though the restaurant seemed pretty busy. The booths were confortable and the subdued lighting was nice. I was glad to see tough that there was a spot light over each individual table which allowed for good pictures!

The bill only came up to 23$ (with tip 27$) which is a lot cheaper than what we usually pay at restaurants! We were really pleased to have chose to have our lunch there! I definitely recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...