Friday 15 April 2011

Overdue food post!

One of my favorite topics to blog about is food and recipes. I haven't done any in the last little while though and I'm glad to be back with more!

I've been eating the same thing over and over lately, so I didn't have anything interesting to post. Today, I have for you a healthy lunch recipe that's light and tasty, perfect for spring and summer time : turkey burgers with smoked salmon and cucumber salad. Yum! ♥


The salad is a colorful blend of lettuce (I like to buy the prepackaged, prewashed kind to save time!), cucumber, shredded carrots and cabbage, light spicy italian dressing and homemade marinated smoked salmon. The smoked salmon is really what makes this salad come together. It was made by my mother in law's boyfriend in his very own smoke house. Amazing right? It's extremely flavorful and really does give a kick to anything it's added in!

The burger is made of a ground turkey patty seasonned with biftek seasonnings, a whole wheat bun, ketchup, mustard, tons of onions, lettuce and garlic flavored pickle slices. The patty was cooked on the barbecue outside and the bun slightly toasted.

It was an great healthy lunch!

Do you guys like food posts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...