Thursday 4 August 2011

Rock climbing in Montreal

Rock climbing in Montreal is easy, but there are some steps to take in order to be able to do it independently. First, find a rock climbing gym (I think there is a couple), then before you can climb independently in a gym, you need to take a course and pass an exam to prove that you understand the principles well. We booked a class and both succeeded in getting our climbing licence J

Ever since, we have gone back at least three times to climb and have purchased most of the gear necessary. You can simply rent the equipment every time you go climbing, but if you climb frequently, the investment of getting your own gear is quickly returned.

We both got a starter kit, which included everything but the rope and shoes. We also got the shoes separately.

I really love climbing! Even though I’m typically afraid of heights, I feel like rock climbing is the perfect sport for me. It allows me to push my limits safely. Plus, it’s fun, exhilarating and an amazing workout! Your whole body works while climbing! I really glad I can do rock climbing in Montreal


Anyway, here is a peak at the kit I purchased! I love the purple and grey scheme :D

My shoes =D
My harness kinda looks like an octopus here XD



Have you ever tried rock climbing in Montreal or indoor climbing? Did you enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...