Saturday 3 March 2012

Beauty Haul : Wet n wild, Revlon, china Glaze, NYC, L'Oréal

This year, I only had two resolutions, lose the weight I gained this year and buy less makeup for at least two months. The first resolution is in progress (down about 5 pounds at the moment) and the second resolution was a success!

I vowed not to buy makeup until reading week and the ban is now lifted so I went for a little shopping :) I got some Wet n wild, Revlon, china Glaze, NYC and L'Oréal.

Here's what I got :


NYC Sun 'n' Bronze in Hampton's Radiance

Pretty shimmery bronzer with three shades, make my skin shimmer in the most gorgeous way!

Wet n Wild Lipstick in Just Peachy. Nice natural nude shade that isn't so pale it washes you out. The formula is surprisingly creamy for such an inexpensive product!

Wet n Wild Just Peachy lipstick swatch. It look less orange and a little more pink in real life

NYC Liquid Eyeliner in black, super affordable

The NYC liquid liner has a brush applicator. It's thin and precise, it's not too flimsy so it is quite easy to use. It's not as easy as a felt tip, but once you get the hang of it, you get great results.
This is a swatch of the liner. It's very black, which I love.




L'Oréal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara in blackest black. This one has fibers in it, can't wait to see how I like it. I much prefer the narrower stopper on this mascara than on the regular Voluminous mascara. You get a lot less product on the wand and it's easier to apply.

I had to get one of the famous Revlon lip butters. I got the shade Berry Smoothie. Love the packaging!

It's smooth and easy to apply and very moisturising. It looks shiny on too. It's like a lipstick, a chap stick and a lip gloss all in one! So far, I love these Revlon Lip butters. I would get more shades, but they are not cheap! (8$ on sale :S)

Here's a swatch of the lip butter, see how shiny it is?

I am beyond excited about this purchase. It's China Glaze's Some Like it Haute! It's a silver and black glitter with chunky holo glitter. It combines two things I've wanted almost ever since I first got into makeup : china glaze polishes and holographic polishes! I love it , it looks wonderful on. (paid only 6$ for it too, bargain!)
So far I'm happy with everything! (I'm also glad I had enough self control not to buy everything that caught my eye :P)

4 comments:

  1. hello, im from montreal too, where did you get your wet n wild lipsticks and china glaze nailpolish? can't find them there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lipstick is from Walmart and should be pretty easy to find, but the China Glaze Polish I got at Winners in the beauty section so the exact color might not be available anymore, sorry :(

    I haven't found an actual store in Montreal that sells recent China glaze collections yet. You can go check out Winners though, they often have a couple colors from china glaze, sèche vite and Orly polishes from older collections there! :D

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello! I am from montreal too and cant seem to find the wetnwild lipstick (black label):( can u plz tell me which walmart u got it at. THX IN ADVANCE

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...