Monday 18 March 2013

TAG : Beauty Things I Suck At

This is a relatively new tag going around on YouTube and I think quite interesting to watch (plus the title is so funny). I think it was created by Rubenesquex3 on YouTube (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway I thought I would give it a go myself and tell you all what are the beauty things I can never do properly!


So let's begin!


1 - Liquid liner
This one is pretty obvious. Lots of people struggle with liner in general. Mine is always wonky and uneven and it drives me nuts. Most of the time I end up making the line thicker until I get it the way I want and by then, it's wayyyy too thick I have to start over *cries*. I love gel liner though, it's so much easier to be in control and make a thin line.

2 - Filling my eyebrows
I've never tried all that hard to learn. I quite like the way my eyebrows look naturally and I'm really afraid to end up with creepy drawn-on looking eyebrows lol. I can't find a color that will match my eyebrows either.

3- Blush
For some reason, I find it really difficult to ensure that my blush isn't patchy. No matter how much I blend it always feels uneven. Actually, lately I've been really into cream blush which I don't have that problem with.

4 -Hair
I'm such a fail at hairstyling it's not even funny. I cannot do anything with my hair. I can't give it volume and I can't curl it properly (plus it takes forever to curl). The only things I can do is plain ponytails and french braids.

5 - Applying false lashes
I've been practicing so I'm getting better at it, but it's still takes me sometimes up to 2-3 attempts to get them right. They always stick out at the inner corner *grumble*.

6 - Washing my brushes
Not much of an explanation needed here. I should do it more often -_-

7- Filing my nails
I cannot get them to be squared no matter how hard I try.

8 - Fixing my cuticles
Whenever I try to push them back I have the overwhelming feeling that I have no clue what I'm doing. So most of the time they look like crap. XD

9- Lipstick
Unless the color is very close to my natural lip color I cannot do lipstick. It looks dry, and seeps into all the lines in my lips. For some reason, it also slides around, no matter how matte my lips are before I put it on. Maybe I should try lipliner? The fact that my lips are super pigmented doesn't help either, any pale color doesn't work on me. I've tried the concealer trick before. It looked awful. :X

10 -Being trendy
In terms of fashion, I'm probably the  least trendy person I know. I have a tendency to hate most fashion trends for the longest time, then start gradually liking them months after they've been out of style XD Oh well.


I tag everyone who would like to do this! Let me know if you do it yourself, I'd love to read/watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...