Tuesday 23 April 2013

Beauty Products I Regret Buying

Today I have a bit of a less exciting post for you all, but I hope very helpful nonetheless. I will be talking about products I regret buying or that I was disappointed with. Some products were just purely bad in my opinion, others were just not suited to my skin tone or to my tastes.

I'm doing this so that you can all avoid these products if you have similar preferences as mine, that way you don't waste your money on products that won't work for you!

---

Skin & Hair

- Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo : I have a full review on this here.

- Olay Oil Minimizing Toner : I don't know about the skin benefits of this product because I have never even used it. It really stings my eyes even if I close them when applying probably because it has a high alcohol content (which is very drying for the skin). As soon as I realized just how strong this is, I decided not to use it since I have sensitive skin.

- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon : this is a finishing cream for your hair. I don't get it though, even the slightest amount makes my hair look sticky and it doesn't really add shine for me.

- Tresemmé Fresh Start Refreshing Mist : I bought this thinking it would be somewhat like hair perfume. It really doesn't smell that great so I wasn't a fan. It looks like it's made to cover up bad odor in your hair which in my opinion should be solved by washing your hair, not trying to hide it with scent.

Lips


- Elf Beauty Book Lips Edition : None of these lip colors are very pigmented. The brush it comes with is rubbish and most of the shades just slide around on your lips. It also comes with a dry and scratchy brownish lip liner which I just threw away. Not a fan of this.


- EOS Lip Balm : I know this product is popular, but it simply doesn't do it for me. It's waxy and it doesn't apply very well. It doesn't absorb on the lips and just sits on top. I guess it's good if you plan on applying lipstick over it so that it doesn't slide around, but otherwise it doesn't do anything for my lips. It's cute and it smells nice, but that's about it.

- NYC Smooch Proof Lipstain : Applies patchy. Very drying to the lips. Don't really enjoy it.

- Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Lipcolor : Well obviously this is a vampy color which looks nice on some people, but it just isn't my cup of tea. It's very drying and doesn't stay shiny on the lips. It also goes into all the cracks of my lips. Not a pretty look especially since it's a dark color.

- Stila Lip Glaze : I love this color, but I hate the texture of this. It's incredibly sticky and thick and it smells kind of funny. I'm glad I got mine at Winners for 5$, I'd be bummed if I'd paid a bunch of money for this. I just cannot stand it on my lips. Oh, and the applicator isn't great either.

- Blistex Fruit Smoothies : Waxy and I hate the smell of this particular one.

- Nivea Lipbalm with SPF 30 : Very waxy, it's hard to apply since it's so thick. It also leaves a white, very unattractive residue behind. It's not moisturizing and it has an horrible texture. Probably the worst lip balm I have tried in a long time.

- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Baby Pink : I have nothing against the formula of this lipstick, my issue is only with the color I chose. It's too frosty and pale for my lips and it simply doesn't work.

- Wet n Wild Mega Lip Color in Just Peachy and Wine Room : Don't like the formula of these lipsticks. They are way too thick and matte. They are not moisturizing at all which means they get into the cracks of my lips and don't look too good. I don't like Just Peachy on me, but Wine Room is a pretty color.

Baby Pink, Wine Room, Just Peachy, Revlon Ultimate Lipcolor, Stila Lip Glaze, NYC Lipstain

Eyes

 - Annabelle Eye Kohl in Mercury : A sort of charcoal and silver mix, not a great shade for any look I think. The pencil is waxy and pretty hard so you have to press quite a bit on it to get any pay off. A definite no-no for the sensitive eye area in my opinion.

- NYX Crystal Liquid Liner : I don't know if mine was old or something, but it's been super dry and gross ever since I got it. Cannot even work with it. Very disappointed with that because I was quite excited to try out glitter liner and I usually love NYX.

- Wet n Wild Mega Eyes Palette in Island Blue : This is from the old collection of Wet N wild (old packaging and everything). The formula wasn't what it is now. The shadows aren't all that pigmented and they are quite chalky. I don't like the colors either, not sure why I bought this.

- Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers : These are cream shadows for their Halloween line. The quality isn't that great. They used to have a glitter film over top which just rubbed away. The also crease like mad. Can be used as a base in very small amount, but other than that I have no use for this.

- L'Oréal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara : I think this is a fiber mascara. I don't like the brush, the mascara is dry and it clumps like crazy. I really didn't enjoy the mascara, I don't think I used it more than 2 or 3 times total. I'll probably just toss it soon. Full review here.

The Wet n Wild Trio, Mercury and the NYX Crystal liner which looks like a mess

Face

 - ELF Blush Brush : Now this is only a dollar, but I would still save my dollar instead of buying this. It's rubbish in my opinion. It's scratchy, it sheds on your face and it bleeds when you wash it. To make matters worse, the handle is coming apart and I haven't even been using it at all for the past year I have owned it.

- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer : Well first off it's too dark for me, but that's my fault. Next, I think it's too thick of a consistency for a tinted moisturizer, it doesn't feel nice on the skin. Lastly it gave me an allergy reaction. I don't know what it is with Hard Candy liquid face products, but they don't agree with my skin.

- Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer : nothing terribly wrong with this concealer other than the fact that it has a grey tinge to it. It doesn't look too great on the skin.

---

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like these ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...