Warning : super long winded post below! Proceed at your own risk.
Hey everyone! Long time no post. Sorry about that. :( I have been finishing my summer trimester and have moved to a brand new place since my last post. I've been super busy, but now I'm completely settled and school is over! Yipee :D
Today I'm doing another beauty empties post. If you're unfamiliar with the concept, it's basically a post where I show you all the beauty products I have completly finished and give you mini reviews of what I thought of each one. I also mention whether or not I would repurchase the product (unless I bought it while traveling, because I can't really repurchase then :p)
Check out my First Beauty Empties post if you're curious of other products I have finished in the past!
Here is everything I have finished recently! Sorry if the back drop is a little distracting, I took this during the moving process (I didn't want to move a bunch of empty bottles to the new place, lol) and I didn't have my regular set up to take pictures so I used one of my blankets :P
1) Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes : I had two packages of those, but the other one was too mangled so I didn't take a picture of it. I've finished a bunch of these, they're my favorite makeup wipes. Check out what I have to say about them here.
3) Essential Hair Essence Rich Premium Ultra Honey and Shea Butter : (Longest name ever) This is a hair masque I got in Thailand. I love how thick and conditioning it was, but the smell was very floral, which if you've been following me for a while, you know I'm not the biggest fan of. Good product, not a fan of the smell.
4) L'Oréal Total Repair Hair masque : I haven't noticed much of a difference while using this. I don't think it does a whole lot more than regular conditioner, at least not with my hair. It is on the runnier side for a masque (compared to other masques I have tried). It feels more like a thick conditioner than a masque. Wouldn't repurchase.
5) Secret Scent Expressions Gel Antiperspirant in Cherry Mischief : Works just fine and amazing smell! I love the gel formula also since you don't have to worry about white stains on your shirts after applying. Would repurchase.
6) Bath and Body Works Body Lotion in Vanilla Bean Noel : I think this body lotion is nothing special in terms of hydration (I have quite dry and eczema prone skin especially in the winter), but it does the job. I have a love hate relationship with this scent. Love how sweet yet buttery it is, but it is almost a little sickly sometimes. Would repurchase the formula, but I would try another scent.
7) Garnier Ultra-Lift Day Cream : This moisturizer is quite heavy feeling on the skin. It's quite thick when applied. I kind of like the texture for winter time, but I couldn't use it at the moment since my skin is a lot oilier now. It's nice that it has SPF and that it has a pump. I still prefer my Neutrogena moisturizer though so I wouldn't repurchase.
8) Aussie 3 Minute miracle Moist Deep conditioner : I have finished a bunch of these! I love it and they really make a difference in my hair. They're hard to find around here though so I have been working my way through my last backups slowly until Target opens here in Quebec City in the fall (I'm hoping they'll sell them there, *fingers crossed*). Would repurchase for sure.
9) St-Yves Apricot Scrub : This is also another product I have finished several of. It's my go-to scrub and I love the smell of it. It lasts forever! I haven't tried a whole lot of face scrubs so I cannot say how good it works in comparison to other brands but I like it. I have a new one I'm using at the moment. I wouldn't repurchase it next though because I would like to try other scrubs!
10) CHI Silk Infusion : I've gone through this big bottle and one small bottle of this. Love it! It's expensive, but it lasts forever. It makes my hair a lot softer and makes it looks healthier also. I like to use it on my ends before I dry my hair. I have already repurchased and I'm using another small size of this.
11) Bioré Pure Acne Clear Facial Foam : I got this face wash in Thailand. It has an antimicrobial agent to help fight acne, which we don't see often in products on the market here in North America. I thought the concept was interesting so I gave it a try. I haven't noticed it doing much of anything special while I was using it, but since I have run out, my skin has been breaking out (might be due to the heaps of stress I've gone through in the past weeks though). I'm unsure about this product. It doesn't lather very nicely though which kind of bugs me and it tastes AWFUL (not that I'm eating this, but if you get it on your lips by accident it will taste gross for a long time, yuck!)
12) Maybelline The Colossal Mascara : Can't remember all that well how much I liked this. I know I enjoyed it about as much at the Falsies if not more. However, I'm really not sure how it would compare to my current favorite, the Clump Crusher. Would probably repurchase.
13) Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara : I used this last summer while I was traveling. I remember thinking it was nothing special for the price of this mascara. Works fine, wouldn't repurchase unless it came in a set or something.
14) L'Oréal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara : I hated this mascara. Did absolutely nothing for my lashes. Clumped them together, didn't give me volume, didn't lengthen. Probably my least favorite mascara I have tried. I ended up using this less than 10 times altogether before it dried out. Wouldn't repurchase.
15) Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing sheets : Efficient and quick and easy to use. I've been needing them a lot more since the end of winter. I think these are overpriced though. I went to restock and these were 6.50$ or something. Seriously? I don't get it. I bought the generic brand instead when I went to restock. Wouldn't repurchase.
16) Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream : Got this in Thailand at a 7-11 (most random place to buy makeup right?). I loved this. The texture was great, the coverage just right for the summertime and it has SPF! I've been trying to find it online, but I can't seem to find it. Wish I could repurchase.
17) Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash in Vanilla Indulgence : Bought this mostly for the smell. I just love a good vanilla scent. I don't have much to say about this other than it's a pretty good body wash that does the job. Would repurchase.
18) Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash : I only bought this because it was the only thing my local supermarket had and I needed body wash. It does the job, but the smell is boring to me. Wouldn't repurchase.
19) Herbal Essences Hydralicious Conditioner : This is a nice conditioner. It smells great and it's thick and heavy just the way I like my conditioners. It leaves the hair soft and manageable and works great with my usual hair care routine. The packaging, however, is terrible. I wasn't even halfway done with it that I couldn't squeeze out the product anymore. The bottle is awkward and squeezing it is uncomfortable. Had to open it up with scissors and transfer the content into another container. Because of that, I wouldn't repurchase. It's too much of a hassle.
Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo : I don't put much thought into my shampoos. I like them to rinse clean and keep my hair clean as long as possible. I also want a nice smell. Other than that I'm not to demanding when it comes to shampoos (I'm more particular about conditioner). This one smelled nice and did a pretty good job I think. Would repurchase.
Göt2b Rockin'it Dry Shampoo : I have tried a few dry shampoos at this point so I think I can say that I think this doesn't do much compared to other dry shampoos. The good thing is that the mist is very fine and that it doesn't leave as much of a white cast as other dry shampoos. However the refreshing effect is not that pronounced in my opinion. Also I hate the smell. Wouldn't repurchase.
Personnelle Nail Polish Remover : This is a drugstore brand product. It does the job. I've never had a nail polish remover that didn't. Would repurchase.
That's it for today! Sorry if this was super long! Hopefully it helped :)
Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥