Saturday 3 August 2013

Road Trip Essentials : Makeup Bag

Hey everyone! This year, unlike the past few summers, my boyfriend and I have decided to stay home for the summer. That doesn't mean, however, that we don't plan on doing a few road trips here and there during our vacation.

We are thinking of going either to New York City or to the maritime provinces of Canada, maybe both! Sine we are in the early stages of planning where we want to go and what we want to do, I have also started planning my toiletries, make-up and other essentials.

Road trips are a little different than my usual backpacking adventures. Most of all, you are not as restricted in terms of packing, and the activities and places you stay will most likely be different, probably a little more up-scale. Because of that, I had to rethink my whole packing strategy. Today I'm sharing what I will be bringing in my make-up bag on future summer road trips!

My Make-up Bag

I got this make-up bag at the Dollar Store. It's somewhat unconventional in terms of the shape that it has. I find it super practical because of the size and the way the pockets are placed. It has three compartments. The main largest one can hold the most. There are also two thin mesh pockets that you can use. I also love the pretty floral design.

What I'm bringing
Top Mesh Compartment : In here I keep all the long and thin products.

- Maybelline Babylips Lipbalm
- Rimmel Eye Khol in Nude
- Milani Liquif'EYE Eye Liner Pencil in Black
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipbalm Stain in Honey
- Covergirl The Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black
- Eco Tools Brushes : Powder, Blending, Shading, Precision and large shading brushes
- Tweezers

Lower Large Compartment : In here I keep the bulkier items. It fits my Naked 2 Palette perfectly, I love it!

- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
- Klorane Makeup Wipes
- Annabelle Pencil Sharpener
- Q-Tips in a little storage box
- NYX Skin Colored Eyeshadow Base
- Milani Brow Fix in Light
- Glass Nail File
- Makeup Sponge
Marcelle Cream Blush

Lower Mesh Compartment

- ZA Powder Foundation
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Black Liquid Liner
- Maybelline Mineral Power Concealer
- Mini Travel Sized Hoola Bronzer by Benefit
- Hard Candy Glow All the Way Highlighter
- Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation

---

That's all I'm bringing in my make-up bag for future road rips. I'm pretty sure it's going to stay the same throughout summer. I am currently testing the contents of it while I'm in Montreal for a few days. So far, I have everything I need and I don't think I over-packed. 

Hope this was helpful! Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

2 comments:

  1. your make-up bag is super cute! <3

    i'm following u, so please feel free to follow my blog too :) kissez
    http://aaannniiieee.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...