Thursday 15 August 2013

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette Review and Swatches

A few months ago, to celebrate my two years of blogging, I decided to treat one of my readers and myself to a Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. I'd been wanting one for ages so I decided to buy one for myself and give one away on the blog.

Ever since I got it, I can say that I have used almost nothing else in terms of eyeshadow. I've had ample time to play around with it and I now feel confident enough that I can give a thourough review of it. If you're interested in similar palette reviews you can check out my Nude Tude Review, Stila In the Lights Review and my BH 120 color 1st edition Review.



Review

The Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay is a neutral palette containing 12 matte, shimmery and glittery eye shadows. It's an everyday/wearable palette comparable to the Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette and to the Nude Tude Palette by The Balm.

Pigmentation
The pigmentation of the Urban Decay Shadows is absolutely amazing. You only need a tiny bit of these because a little goes a long way. The colors are intense and saturated, including the matte shades. You can use them with or without a base.

Texture 
The shadows are not overly powdery. The darker colors do tend to have a little fallout, especially the black color. There is one glitter color (Chopper) which is very soft, but so much so that a lot will come off when you put a brush in it. Nothing that tapping off your brush won't fix though. Other than that, they are very smooth and buttery feeling.

Wear 
These stay on all day when applied over a base. I cannot really say how they perform without a base since I always use one. 

Application 
Application with the shadows from the Naked 2 Palette is wonderful. The shadows glide on easily and are quite easy to blend. 

Color selection
I think the variety of colors included in the Naked 2 Palette is perfect. Compared to the Naked 1 Palette, the color scheme is on the cooler side, which is right up my alley. I love that it has a matte black shade, several shimmery pale lid colors and a matte highlight shade. The palette has everything I need on an everyday basis.




Packaging 

LookI love the Sleek metallic packaging. It looks nice and sophisticated in my opinion.


Material
As I mentioned before, the palette is made out of metal. It's very easy to clean and it's quite sturdy, enough so that I'm comfortable traveling with it, because I'm not afraid the shadows will break easily. 


Size
The Naked Palette is long and thin. It's not too bulky, making it easy to travel with (as you can see it's a recurrent theme with me).


Mirror
The Naked 2 Palette has a long mirror that stretches across the entire length of the palette. It's nice and big and you can easily use it to apply makeup when you're on the go. It's very practical.


Included items
It comes with a double ended brush and a mini pocket rocket lipgloss which I both never use. I think it used to come with a double ended 24/7 liner, but not anymore which is a complete bummer. (or was it the Naked 1 Palette I'm not sure anymore).

---

Swatches


My favorite colors are :  Foxy, Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Verve and Busted

Note : All shadows are swatched dry using a brush over Urban Decay Primer Potion. 


 Foxy, Half baked, Bootycall, Chopper

Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol

 Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

---

Overall thoughts : I love how versatile this palette is! It has all the colors I could want or need for my everyday looks. It's my favorite palette now and I can't stop using it.

Overall Score : 10/10

Would recommend? Definitely! ♥

---

That's all for my review and swatches of the Naked 2 Palette by Urban Decay. I hope this post was informative! Please let me know in the comments if you have any other questions or suggestions :)

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The colors are just amazing! I've been wanting one so badly :)) Your review is extremely good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, the colors are just incredible! I'm glad you think my review was good :D Hope it helps! xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...