Saturday 14 September 2013

Lush Solid Seanik Shampoo Review

Hey everyone! Today I'm doing a review of a product I have discovered recently from lush : the solid shampoo. At first I was skeptical of how the product would work in terms of lather and making your hair feel clean, but I was pleasantly surprised! I hope this review helps in case you were wondering about this product or if you were considering buying it for yourself.


The one I have is called Seanik. It's geared towards people who want volume and shine. It's made from lemon oil and seaweed among other things. To use it, you wet the bar with water and then using circle motions, you rub it into the root of your wet hair, like you would any bar soap. Then, you lather up with your hands and rinse just like any regular shampoo.

---

Smell : At first, in the store, I was kind of unsure about the smell. As you may guess for the name of the product, it's sort of inspired by the sea and the smell really does remind me of the beach. It's kind of salty smelling and it's quite pleasing in the shower.

Lather : To my surprise, the Lush's shampoo bars (at least this one) lather very well. You only need to rub it into your hair a few times until you get enough product to get a good lather going. Even though the texture of the bar is gritty and hard, it gives off the perfect amount of product.

Feel : When you rinse Seanik out of your hair, you get the squeaky clean feeling you sometimes get from soaps that aren't moisturising. I'm not sure if this is unique to this particular one (maybe because it's volumizing?), but I am not a fan of the feeling.

Practicality : I bought this initially for travel, because it is supposed to last very long and it's quite compact. It's also won't spill in your toiletry bag since it's solid. So far, I haven't been dissapointed with that. I bring it every time I leave for a few days and it's very practical. On the downside, you need a tin to put it in (3$ at Lush) and you need to let the bar dry after each use. You need to do this either out of the tin, or by placing it at and angle so that it won't stick to the bottom of the tin. It's a bit more work than a regular bottle of shampoo.

Price  : The Seanik shampoo bar is 11.95$ at Canadian Lush stores. The tin is about 3$.

---

Overall : 8/10 I like this product and the way my hair looks after I used it. It's great for travel which I love and it's worth the price since it does last quite a few washes. I may try another one of their solid shampoo bar range next time though. If anyone knows whether or not other shampoo bars leave the squeaky clean feeling in your hair after you rinse it, let me know in the comments!

That's it for this review! I hope it was helpful and informative! Let me know if you'd like to see any other Lush products reviews.

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...