Sunday 20 October 2013

My Everyday Foundation Routine

Hey all! Today I decided to share with you all the products that I use on a regular basis to make my skin look nice and to hide any imperfections! I've mentioned this before, but I don't wear makeup every single day. So this foundation routine is essentially what I'll do if I decide to wear makeup (and the foundation routine I use to prep my skin for any blog posts on here!). So in case you were wondering what's on my skin, well here it is!

My skin

First, I'll talk a little about my skin, so that you can determine if the products I'm using would suit your skin in case you want to try any of these products. My skin is usually normal to dry and I don't get oily very often. (although this spring and summer my skin has been uncharacteristically oily) The main issues I have with my skin is redness in the cheeks (I have rosacea) which I need to cover and some acne here and there. My under eye area also tend to be dry and I get flaky skin on my nose and forehead on occasion. With that said here is how I proceed to concealer and brighten my complexion :

Base

First, I apply moisturizer. Lately I've been liking the Moisture hydrating lotion by Neutrogena because it has SPF 30. I like using the Real Techniques buffing brush or Expert Face Brush to apply this. In the winter, I use a heavier moisturizer because my skin gets drier. After moisturizing, I spray my face with the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. This is a new step to my routine and I haven't determined how useful it is yet, but for now, I'm testing it out.

Foundation


Next, I apply my foundation using the same brush.  (I also often use my hands for this) Lately, my favorite is the Rimmel Wake me Up Foundation. I love how silky it is on the skin and it think the coverage is great. It leaves a nice dewy finish, which I prefer since I tend to have dry skin. I'm not big on matte finishes on myself since it tends to bring forward the dry patches on my skin which isn't very flattering. Personally, I like doing my foundation first for a couple reasons. First, many of my problem areas are usually well concealed with just foundation which eliminates the need to cake on more product by adding concealer. Second, I hate fixing fallout from my eye shadow once I have foundation on. I prefer wiping everything clean and then applying my face products. Lastly, I haven't found a concealer that I like a lot for my under eye yet so I like to apply a slippery foundation on first so that the concealer has a base so set on and it doesn't get into the fine lines around my eyes as much. Phew, that was a lot of information wasn't it? I guess I have loads to say about foundation :P

Concealing

Next, I conceal anything that is still showing through with either Maybelline Mineral Power concealer and/or Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting concealer. I like to apply the lumi in a triangle shape underneath my eyes from time to time if I'm going for a bright highlighted look. I like  to pat on my concealer to blend it out. I also sometimes use the deluxe crease brush from Real Techniques to blend, especially if I went heavy underneath the eyes and I don't want to ruin my blending job by patting with my fingers over it.

Powders

 Last, I powder the middle of the skin using the Stay Matte Powder by Rimmel and with a blush brush by Eco Tools. I only do it in the center of my face to conserve the dewyness of the foundation. After that, I also apply blush with the same brush. I don't really have an everyday blush, but I do really like this one by Rimmel called Pink Sugar. Next I highlight the top of my cheekbones with the Stila Highlighting duo in Kitten using the contour brush by Real Techniques. After all is applied, I spray my face again with the Urban Decay Spray to help it stay on longer and to attenuate the look of powder on my skin, which I am not a fan of.

The results

Clearly, I also have eye makeup on here, but let's focus on the skin :P I also want to mention that my lights are very hot, which make my skin look a little more shiny than it really is in real life.

That's all I do! I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments what your favorite face products are! I'm love trying out new ones! I really want to try a few new foundations and concealers. Let me know if you have any recommendations.

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...