Wednesday 30 October 2013

October 2013 Favorites

Hey everyone! Today I'm doing my October favorites! Yay! I know I haven't done one last month (sorry :X), it's because I had a three week long internship in Montreal and I didn't have any time to prepare my favorites, so this month will have a bit more stuff than usual. It's going to include my favorites since the beginning of September and a few random favorites as well. I'm also starting a new favorites section which I don't usually do, the monthly fashion favorites! So with this say, let's get onto the favorites.

Makeup


- Garnier BB Cream for Normal to Oily Skin : Love this stuff, decent coverage, comfortable on the skin, love it! Got it on sale too, which is always a bonus.

- L'Oréal Magic Lumi Face Primer : Doesn't feel siliconey on the skin (not a fan of that) and helps foundation glide on and look nicer on the skin. Really expensive for drugstore though :X

- Quo Palette : Present from my bf ♥ at the end of September. My first Quo product and I love it! Super pigmented shadows and beautiful blushes. Been wearing the blushes all month.
- ZA Two Way Cake Powder Foundation : Only powder that will keep me shine free all day long lately.

- Stila Highlighting Duo in Kitten : Gives the most beautiful sheen on the skin. Worn everyday in September and October.

- L'Oréal Magic Lumi Foundation : Way too expensive (18$ at Jean Coutu), but I got this on sale. Nice finish, great coverage and the color matches me perfectly.

- Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara : Holy Grail Mascara, enough said.

- Garnier Roll-on concealer and treatment : very thin consistency, but nice coverage. Feels cooling on the skin, very pleasant. Usually overpriced, but I got this in a set at a super discount.

- Real Techniques Brushes : Contouring brush and expert face brush. Love these, super soft, dense and they're multi-purpose.

- Eco Tools Powder brush : nice for a light dusting of powder on the skin because of the tulip shape and the not too dense bristles. Very soft.

-UD All Nighter Setting Spray : Helps lock in your makeup when sprayed before and after makeup application. Expensive, but worth it.

-Wet n Wild Color Icon Highlight in Reserve your Cabana : Been looking for this powder for ages and I finally got my hands on it. Very subtle highlight, can be worn all over the skin for a nice dewy skin look.

- OPI Nail polish in Dulce de Leche : My first OPI and I'm not disapointed. Super easy to apply, nice staying power and this color is the perfect nude for my skin tone.

- Sephora Pencil Liner (Forest Green) : amazing staying power and super creamy. Very affordable too (11$). Seems like it could be comparable to UD 24/7 Liners for a fraction of the price. Incredible color selection (over 15 shades I think).

- NYX Slide on Pencil (Metallic Blue) : also an amazing liner. Similar consistency to the Sephora Pencil. Great color selection as well.

- E.l.f Black Liquid Liner : Never thought this would be my fave when I picked it up at Dollorama for the 20$ makeup challenge. Super thin applicator, very precise and stays on all day, love it!

- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze : perfect to be worn on its own or underneath and taupey shadow. Stays on all day.

- Ardell Wispies Lashes : another product I've been wanting for ages and I'm not disappointed. They look great on and you can barely feel them.


Fashion and Accessories
Sorry for the awkward mirror pics, I'm not really used to taking outfit pictures lol. 

Outfit 1 : Flared blue jeans (20$ from Winners) with sheer black High Low blouse with gold hardware (10$ from Dynamite) and imitation suede caramel colored pointy flats with a bow. (4.50$ from Ardène)

Outfit 2 : Caramel colored faux leather bomber jacket (70$ from Garage) with black jeggings (40$ from Garage), burnt orange, blue, white and black tribal motif scarf (2$ from Ardène) and caramel colored booties with gold buckle (60$ from Verona).

Outfit 3 : My snuggling outfit! It's an essential for me during the colder months! Black tank top (15$ from Colori - any comfy top works perfectly too), with hello kitty red and black plaid pyjama pants (15$ from Winners) and Jack Skellington Slippers (20$ from China Town).

In case you're wondering why my Ardène picks are so inexpensive, it's because I usually go at Ardène Dépôt stores, which sell older collections for 70% off!


Food


I haven't been eating very healthy ever since I left for my internship. I also got a new job, which means I have little time for cooking and no motivation for healthy eating. It's been getting colder also so I'm kind of leaning towards comfort food and junk. I've been particularly into :

- Soups in general are really comforting to me,  but I've been especially craving Spicy Kimchi Ramen with added strips of nori and hard boiled egg.
- Gold Fish *drools*
- Fibre 1 brownies which are only 110 calories and 5g of fiber. They taste delicious! I guess it's kind of an healthy treat when you think about it. Much better than most brownies anyway.
- Flavored hot chocolate, especially Rolo flavored, nom!

Random

TV :
- Vampire Diairies (very fitting for this month isn't it :P)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (as always during october , I like to watch my favorite Halloween classic, I also listen to the soundtrack on repeat lol)
- Netflix!

Books :
- Uprising by Imogen Rose (Bonfire Academy Series)
- Angel and Demons by Dan Brown

Now that I think about it, all my tv and book favorites are totally Halloween appropriate, how funny :P

Shops :
- Target!!!! They have just opened here in Quebec and I'm really excited to go shopping there. I've been once so far and I was quite happy with the cosmetics sections. Too bad we still don't have E.l.f though...
---

That's all for this month's favorites! I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know if you would like to see more fashion and random favorites in the future :)

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...