Sunday 24 November 2013

The Hunger Games Inspired Makeup Series : District 12 (The Girl on Fire)

Hey all! Today I have a makeup look that is inspired by District 12 of Panem from the Hunger Games. This is the Katniss Everdeen's district, where she grew up and lives with her family. The district's industry is mining, but I was more inspired to create a look to reflect the main character's persona rather than a look to represent mining. 

The only colors I could think of for a mining themed look were black and gray, which would have ended up looking too much like District 2 for my liking. Therefore I decided to go another route for this one. Instead, I was inspired by the nickname that was given to Katniss by her stylist Cinna in book 1 of the series : The girl on fire

If I remember correctly it had something to do with her district in the first place, so it's not completely unrelated. Throughout books 1 and 2, the nickname has become a symbol of Katniss and her prowess in the Hunger Games, which is why I thought it was perfect to represent the Hunger Games winner of District 12, Katniss Everdeen. 

This is another look that I decided to go quite literal for. I went for a flaming eye, nothing less! I hope you enjoy this look. Let me know in the comments what you think of it! ♥



Products used :

Base
  • UDPP
  • Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Cream Glitter Palette (Gold and Copper tones)
Eyeshadow & Brows
  • Bh Cosmetics 120 Color Palette (1st Edition)
  • NYX Copper Single Shadow
  • Wet n Wild Trio in I'm Getting Sunburnt (Gold shade)
  • Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette (brows)
Liner & Lashes
  • Ardell 315 Accent Lashes
  • Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara
  • Milani Liquid'Eye Liner Pencil in Black
  • E.l.f. Black Liquid Liner

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...