Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Hunger Games Inspired Makeup Series : District 13

Hello everyone! Today I'm doing the last of this series inspired makeup looks : District 13! District 13 is thought to have been annihilated during the rebellion, which means other districts are no longer in contact with it. Their industry used to be nuclear power.

If you haven't read second book or watched the second movie yet, do not read below it will contain spoilers which you might not want to know about. (or go ahead, but at you own risk if you like spoilers)

*SPOILER ALERT*

After book 2, we now know that district 13 in fact still exists, and has made a deal with the Capitol during the rebellion to be able to be independent from it. It's where Katniss is transported following the end of the second Hunger Games, where she will be the face of the rebellion. Basically, District 13 becomes the seat of the rebellion, which is why I took inspiration from that, rather than going for a nuclear theme. (which I wouldn't have known how to represent anyway). Katniss's mockingjay pin also becomes the symbol of the rebellion, which is what I chose to represent for this look. I got inspired by this image of the mockingjay pin over a black background :

*END OF SPOILER*






Products used :

Base
  • UDPP
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
  • Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers Cream Glitter Palette (Gold Shade)
Eyeshadow & Brows
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (Black and highlight shade)
  • Wet n Wild I'm Getting Sunburnt Trio (Gold)
  • Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light
Liner & Lashes
  • Ardell Wispies Lashes
  • Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara
  • Milani Liquid'Eye Liner Pencil in Black
  • E.l.f. Black Liquid Liner

This concludes my Hunger Games inspired series! I hope you enjoyed all 13 looks and let me know in the comments which one was your favorite. Also, let me know what you would like to see next, I would love the have your suggestions!

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...