Wednesday 4 December 2013

Beauty Empties n3 : Mini Product Reviews (Fall Edition)

Hey all! Today I'm back with another empties post! Like I always do, I will give you a brief review of all the products I have finished so that you know how I have felt about it. Don't forget to check out my Beauty Empties 1 and my Beauty Empties 2 also! Get ready for a text heavy post. Hope you enjoy! Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products and what you thought of them. :)


Bath and Body Works Anti Bacterial Soap in Fresh Picked Tangerines
As always, I think that the scent of the Bath and Body Works hand soaps is phenomenal. This tangerine smell was heavenly. I also love that it lingers on your hands for a while after using it. What I'm not so fond of is how drying they are for my hands. I ought to try the moisturizing kind next. Would repurchase, but another formula.

Equate Facial Cleansing Towelettes
I'm always raving about these. Check out my other Beauty Empties to know what I think of them.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover
Probably my favorite makeup remover at the moment. I am currently trying out the Equate kind, which seems similar, but kind of stings, which this one doesn't. It removes all my eye makeup including waterproof mascara. Would repurchase.

Klorane Makeup Wipes
I didn't like these. They were supposed to be blueberry scented, but to me they smelled like vinagear. Not a scent I like to put on my face. They weren't moist or soft enough to be pleasant on the skin or remove properly my eye makeup. The wipes were quite large though which was nice. It's probably the only good thing I have to say about these. Oh and they were super expensive too (14$ for 25, ouch!) Would not repurchase.

Bath and Body Works White Barn N1 Candle (Nutmeg and Spices)
My favorite candle of all time for fall and winter. The smell is quite potent and very comforting. I have a few smaller backups of this. I haven't gotten the bigger one yet because I have so many to finish before that. Would repurchase.

Secret with Olay Deodorant
Nothing wrong with this deodorant. I usually quite like Secret deodorants. I did think it lacked a fun smell though, which I know not everyone enjoys, but I kind of like. What I disliked most about this is the packaging. It's a twist up system, like you would have with gel formulas, but with a cream anti perspirant inside which oozes through the cracks when you turn the dial. First off I think it's kind of a ridiculous ideal, second it wastes a ton a product so you end up with two tons of deodorants underneath you arm, unless you use your fingers to spread the amount that was squeezed out on both your armpits. Meh. Wouldn't repurchase.

Bioderma Hydrabio Serum
This was just a sample I got when I purchased my face cream. It's nothing special in my opinion. Very light and feels nice, but no nicer that my much less expensive Neutrogena Cream. Wouldn't buy it.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire
I used this as a facial makeup remover and it worked wonders. No need to rinse afterwards and felt very nice on the skin, no tightness or greasy feeling whatsoever. I would also use it to freshen up in the morning before I put on my makeup. Quite sad to see it gone especially since it's so expensive. Would probably repurchase eventually.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner 
Great Coconut smell and works pretty well too. It's a thick conditioner, just the way I like them. Would repurchase.

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave in Conditioner
Nice smell and creamy texture. Very inexpensive, but didn't do miracles to my hair, or at least, not that I noticed. I took my ages to finish it and I'm kind of relieved that it's gone now, lol. Wouldn't repurchase because it doesn't do enough for my hair.

Biore Makeup Remover
Also a sample I got with purchase. It's so tiny that it's kind of difficult to tell if it was any good. Seemed to do the job just fine. Would try it since it's pretty inexpensive.

Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara
My holy grail mascara. You probably know how much I love this if you've checked out my monthly favorites this year. Would repurchase over and over again.

Chi Shine Infusion Spray
Not a bad product at all and it smells heavenly. It's pretty much like the Silk Infusion Oil by Chi, but in spray form. I think it's intended to use on either wet or dry hair. It does work great, but it's easy to overdo it and I prefer the oil version. I have another one I'm working on that my mom gave me (because she didn't use it), but after that I wouldn't repurchase.

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (Moist)
I think I have one of those in every Empties post. Love the smell, love how it works. I still have 1 or 2 backups of this, but unfortunately I cannot find it anymore in Quebec. I thought Target might sell it and I was kind of pinning my hopes on that, but apparently they don't so after I'm out, I don't know when I'll ever get my hands on this again :( Would repurchase if I can find it.

Samani Antibacterial Brush Cleaner
This was my first time trying a brush cleaner and I was impressed. It really gets all the color out quickly and efficiently and it dries quickly. Perfect for spot cleaning your brushes after each use. Would repurchase.

Viva La Juicy Perfume
This is a sample I got at the Bay. I love the smell and would definitely wear this perfume (not as much as my Classique by JPG though). Don't really want to pay the 80$ for the full size though so I might purchase it someday, but not yet.

Clean & Clear Persa Gel 10
We don't have this formula here in Canada. I got this one in the states. Here we only have the 5.  I don't think the 10 is any more effective than the 5 though. It's not proven that 10% benzoyl peroxyde is any more efficient that 5% and it's more irritating to the skin which is better to avoid when you have acne. I'm fine sticking with the 5% from now on, which works just as great for me.
Would repurchase the Persa Gel 5.


---

That all for the beauty empties! Thanks for sticking with me this long if you're still reading this and I hope it was informative and helpful for you! Let me know in the comments of any products that you think I should try! I love trying out new things :)

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...