Monday 9 December 2013

L'Oréal Infallible Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black Review and Swatches

Hey everyone! Today I have a review on the L'Oréal Infallible Lacquer Liner. I picked it up recently because I was wondering how it would compare to other drugstore gel liner that I have tried. Also, my Wet n Wild Gel liner dried up on me a couple months ago so I have been using mostly liquid since then. I wanted to get back into gel liner because I love how it looks so I decided to give this one a try. I have been playing around with it for a little while now so I decided to review it for you all, in case any of you are looking to try out a new gel liner from the drugstore!

Review



Packaging : I quite like the packaging. It feels durable and closes tightly. The glass jar makes the packaging looks almost a bit fancy which I like. My only concern with it is that the metallic gold lid of the jar get dirty really quickly. As you can see, mine already has a bunch of fingerprints on it and I haven't owned it that long.

Color payoff : This liner is as black as you can get it one single swipe. I'm quite impressed by how dark it is. It really makes your eyes pop when applied.

Texture, Application and Wear : This gel liner is exceptionally creamy and it glides on easily when applied with a fine liner brush or an angled brush. So far, it seems to wear nicely, without rubbing or flaking off like some liners do. It remains as intensely pigmented all day as when you first apply it. What I have yet to discover though is how quickly this product dries out. I used to love my Wet n Wild cream liner, but it dry up on me in only a couple months. I will keep you posted on that later on.

Finish : This liner has a matte finish.

Price : 10-12$ depending on where you buy it.

Overall : I'm not 100% sure how much I like this yet, just because I don't know if it'll dry up quickly. If it does, than I'd rather spend 3$ on a Wet n Wild one instead of 10-12$. If it doesn't than I'll gladly pay a little more to be able to use more of my product. Other than that, I'm thrilled with this gel liner. The pigmentation is fantastic and it's the creamiest Drugstore Gel Liner I have tried so far. It is a little bit on the pricey side for a drugstore product, but most gel liners I have seen are around the same price point (the Maybelline Eye Studio one is also 10-12$) so I guess it's alright. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a nice drugstore gel liner that is very creamy and very black. 9/10

Swatches


That's all for today's review! I hope this was helpful to you all! Have you tried this gel liner? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...