Tuesday 7 January 2014

The Perfect Palette Tag

Hey everyone! Today I'm back with another tag that's been going around Youtube for a while : the perfect palette tag! This is 10 questions about your favorite aspects of palettes that you own. Since my favorite makeup is by far eye shadow and since I'm totally obsessed with palettes I was super excited to do this one for you all! I tag all of you to do it if you're interested!


Tag Questions:
1. Best Packaging : Quo Glamour Box Palette

I love everything about this packaging. First off the palette is very small and portable. Next I think the cushion pattern on it is adorable. I love that it is made of super durable plastic because I feel like it is super safe for the shadows. I also love the size of the mirror which is super large considering how small this palette. It's just so practical if you're on the go!
2. Best Color Payoff : The Balm Nude Tude Palette
This one was a toss-up between this, the Naked Palettes and the Stila In the Lights Palette. I ended going with this one though because every single color in the palette is so incredibly pigmented and buttery, no matter the texture. In both the Naked Palettes and the Stila Palette, some of the matte shades are a touch drier (although just as nicely pigmented) which makes application a little more difficult. 

3. Most Versatile : Tarte of Giving Holiday Palette


Not only does this palette have all the matte shades that I need (black, neutral beige, medium brown blending shade), a ton of beautiful shimmery lid shades,  but it also has a few colored options such a a beautiful deep blue shade, a nice matte purple shade, a deep green, some beautiful bronze shades, etc. It's also got a silver and a gold in there. Basically it has everything you need to do a bunch of neutral or dramatic looks.


4. Best For Travel : Sephora Desert Sunset Eyeshadow Palette
Not only is this palette tiny (fits into the palm of my hand), but it's made of a really hard and thick cardboard which feels very secure. It's affordable, the mirror is large enough that you can use it while traveling and the palette includes all you need for a multitude of looks. (including a matte highlight shade, a shimmery bronzer and a shimmery blush). When I travel, I love to go very light, so this is really perfect for me while still giving me a bunch of options. The pigmentation is great too!


5. Biggest Regret : Elf Beauty Book Lip Edition Palette
I've talked about this in the past, but I never ever use this. While I do love some Elf products dearly, this was a total bust for me. All the colors sort of look the same or similar, they're waxy and I just don't reach for this. Wouldn't recommend it. Thankfully it was really cheap.


6. Best Color Names: Nude Tude Palette

I haven't taken another picture of it since it already won one of the categories. I love the Nude Tude Palette names and the whole concept behind the palette. I think the balm did a really good job at giving these shadows a fun name without going trashy (like Nars Orgasm for example).




7. Least Used : 88 Warm Palette


I could have gone with the Elf lip palette for this one also, but that would imply that I actually use it, which I don't. The 88 Warm Palette, on the other hand, I do use, only very rarely. As you can see, it has seen a lot of love in the past and I'm not saying it's not good, only that I have kind of put it aside when I got better neutral palettes. I'm a complete neutral shadow lover so I do invest in that more than anything else, which means now that I have the Naked Palettes, I can really see a difference in the quality of the shadows compared to the 88 Warm. 


8. Most Used : BH 120 Color Palette
This may be surprising, but my most used palette is this bright rainbow colored one. The reason behind this is because I do make a lot of very colorful looks on this blog. While I prefer neutrals on a day to day basis, I really don't wear makeup everyday, therefore I don't use my palettes nearly as often as this one. Sorry if it looks terrible, it's been through a lot (namely my cat who threw it on the floor once).

9. Most Loved : All the Naked Palettes
Overall, my most loved palettes are definitely the three Naked Palettes by Urban Decay. I love everything about them, the color selection, the pigmentation, the ease of application, the packaging, everything. I take them everywhere with me and there are just endless combinations I can do with them. 


10. Desert Island: Stila In the Lights
Not that I would bring any makeup to a deserted island, but let's see this more as if I had to choose only one palette to have for an extended period of time. I think the Stila in the Lights Palette is small, light and portable, the pigmentation is fantastic and it contains all the colors I need for everyday neutral looks. Because of that, I could go on a while using nothing but this and I would be just fine.

---

That's all for this tag! I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did doing it! Since I'm a palette junkie, it was a lot of fun for me to think of each palette to award every category! Anyway hope you all have a great day! See you all the day after tomorrow for a Naked 3 Palette full review!


Don't forget to follow me and like my Facebook page for more posts like this ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...