Sunday 3 August 2014

Project 10$/Week 2014 Update and Haul - Weeks 24 through 27

Hey everyone! As promised, here is my latest project 10$/week update! I'm still on track and very proud to be :) This is weeks 24 through 27 of my resolution. Check it out :

 Haul

  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner (7$) : I strongly regret this purchase. It's my first project 10$ purchase that I regret and I'm kicking myself for not researching my purchase before getting this liner. I hate everything about it, it's way too matte, it cracks, it's hard to apply because of the fat pointy hard felt tip brush and you can't get a nice even line with it. Looks like 1 week gone down the drain, oh well :S Hope I've learned my lesson now.
  • Tony Moly Party Lover Liquid Liner (7$, on sale) : Now this is what I'm talking about! This liner is the bomb and it's quickly becoming a favorite. The brush is super thin, the formula dark and opaque and it's really budge-proof. <3 It reminds me of my dear E.l.f liquid liner, but I think I like it even more!
  • L'Oréal Infallible shadow in Tender Caramel (3$, on sale) : Just like my Amber rush shadow from the same collection, I adore this! Great pigmentation, beautiful color and amazing metallic finish!
  • Tony Moly Crystal Jelly Cheek Pot in 07 (7$, on sale) : This cream to powder blush has a really odd consistency, but I've been wearing it non-stop. I love the natural finish and this color suits me quite nicely I think. These Tony Moly products are really great so far, I'm thinking of getting more!
  • Maybelline Babyskin Primer (12$) [Not pictured] : I don't have it with me in Montreal at the moment so I haven't had that much time to play around with it yet. I do think it's quite expensive though. Not sure about this yet, but I really wanted to give it a try!
Price total : 36$
Week equivalent : 4 weeks


Swatches

from left to right : Revlon Colorstay liner, Tony Moly Party Lover, Tony Moly Crystal Jelly Cheek Pot in 01, L'Oréal Infallible Shadow in Tender Caramel

In case you haven't been following my project 10$/week since the beginning of 2014, here's a recap of the products I have gotten so far :

Project 10$/week recap :

  • NARS Orgasm & Laguna Duo and Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil Trio = 80$
  • Katy Perry Meow perfume and Bourgeois Healthy Skin Serum = 50$
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Trio and Urban Decay Naked Basics palette = 100$
  • Maybellin Babyskin Primer and L'Oréal Infallible shadow in Tender Caramel = 15$
  • Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner = 7$
  • Tony Moly Partylover Liner and Crystal Jelly Cheek Pot in 01 = 14$
Total : 26,6 weeks = 27 weeks

Next purchases : 
My next purchases are a bit of a dilemma right now. I feel like I have too many options to choose from. I want a few Elf things and I would also like to try the Essence brand. I also really want a MAC palette but it's incredibly expensive (~200$ yikes). I definitely want more Tony Moly products as well as more Korean cosmetics (especially a BB cream!). Finally, I'd like to put some of my budget aside to be able to get stuff from the Sephora Christmas collection since they always have a bunch of really nice gift sets. I'm really unsure about what I should choose. Let me know what you would do if you were me!  It would help me a lot to get all of you guys' opinions. <3

That's it for this update! Hope you all enjoyed it! Let me know what I should get next in the comments and also any post or review request :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...