Wednesday 11 March 2015

Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette Review

 Hey everyone! I'm back with another review to share with you all. Today I'm reviewing a travel makeup palette, the Smashbox Full Exposure travel palette.



Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette

Color Selection                       
  •  Great mix of colors;
  •  Four matte shades and four shimmery shades;
  • No black, but the cool toned brown works nicely for deepening looks;
  •     Has most of the colors I want in a palette (matte beige, matte brown, shimmery champagne);
  • I'd like a lighter shimmery shade for the inner corners;
  • Not a fan of the blue-ish grey color for myself, but a pretty good option for smokey looks.
Texture and application
  • Very good texture for the matte shadows. Soft, but not overly powdery;
  • The shimmery shadows are a bit gritty and densely packed. They are a bit hard to pick up on a brush. They are easier to apply with your fingers.
Packaging
  • Sleek and ultra slim, very light;
  • Perfect for travel, it's incredibly tiny (quite a bit smaller than the Urban Decay Naked Basics);
  • Durable and easy to clean plastic casing;
  • Closes tightly with no risk of opening in your bag;
  • Good mirror size considering how tiny the palette is.
Price
  • A bit steep for the amount of product you get;
  • Good quality for the price;
  •  I feel like you pay more for the "travel-friendly" concept.
Overall

I'm happy with the purchase even though the palette is a little expensive for what it is. I brought it with me on a cruise and it served me well. I could achieve a lot of looks (although mostly natural/neutral day and night looks) and the packaging saved a lot of space in my makeup bag. So overall it was worth it for me because of the convenience, the packaging and the pretty good quality of the shadows (particularly the matte shades).


Swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...