Tuesday 14 April 2015

April 2015 Beauty Empties

Hey everyone! Today I have empties to share with you all. My latest post like this was back in october so this is quite overdue. As always, I'll share a quick review on each product along side the picture and tell you whether or not I would repurchase! Now we have quite a few things to go through so let's get on with it :) By the way, I'm doing the table format today to present the products to make it as visual and easy to consult as possible. It's not as cute as some other formats, but I feel like it's so much clearer. What do you all think of this? Do you enjoy reading these posts? Do you have any suggestions for me?


Batiste Dry Shampoo in Dark and Deep Brown
 Got this in NYC and I'm so bummed out to have run out! I can't get it around here and can't have it shipped either. It's the usual dry shampoo by Batiste that I like, but with no grey cast, love it and would definitely repurchase.
Dove Nutritive Solutions Conditioner
I don't like the Dove shampoos because they make my hair greasy. I do like the conditioner though, because they're thick and very moisturizing, already repurchased. 
Pantene Aqua Light Shampoo 
This is funny, I already reviewed it here, and said that I wouldn't repurchase, but clearly I did anyway. I still feel the same about it, it's an alright shampoo nothing special about it for me.
Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
I like the smell of this, it moisturizes ok and the texture is thick enough. However, I HATE the packaging. It's so hard to get everything out. Wouldn't repurchase
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser 
I quite liked this product since my skin is super sensitive. It didn't feel like it stripped my skin or irritated it. It doesn't contain any soap so it's perfect for my skin type. Also it's a huge size so it lasts forever. Would repurchase.
Clear Volumizing Shampoo
I've finished this quite a while ago, but I can't remember anything about it. I guess it means it was average on all fronts for me. Might repurchase.
L'Oréal Everstrong Deep Replenishing Masque
I like the products from the Everstrong line. They are super thick and quite moisturizing and I love the packaging. I have another one from the same line at the moment. Would repurchase.
Bath and Body Works Hand Soap in Tuscan Vineyard and Mediterranean Lemon
Both great scents. I still think these are incredibly drying, but I can't help buying more because of the yummy scents. Would repurchase.


Bath and Body Works Candle in Eucalyptus Mint
Great subtle scent - almost sort of manly smelling. I've been more into neutral scents like this one lately (or citrusey scents). This one is a permanent scent I think and I would repurchase.
Bath and Body Works Candle in Harvest Peach
I loved this scent. It had a great scent throw and really filled up the room with scent. Would repurchase.
Bath and Body Works Candle in Lemon Drops
Also a nice scent. A little more sharp than other citrus scents I've had in the past, but very pleasant none the less. It's not special enough though for me so I'd rather try something else before repurchasing this one. 


Purederm Firming Lift Coenzyme Q-10 Sheet Mask
This was my first time trying sheet masks. I brought a  box of 10 of these and they were quite affordable. I'm not sure about the benefits of these, but they feel moisturizing and are qui entertaining to wear. Would repurchase.
Lush Fresh Face Masks/Hair mask in :
  1. Love Lettuce (x2)
  2. Oatifix
  3. Hair doctor

  1. This is probably my favorite mask from Lush. I have probably finished over 5 tubs of this. My face feels nice and clean and very soft after using this. It's quite soothing for my skin also. Would repurchase.
  2. I also like this mask, but the texture bothers me. It's thicker, drier and kind of hard to spread. The smell (sort of like a banana-oat kind of thing) also bothers me for some reason. It's a nice mask when my skin is dry though and I would repurchase.
  3. This minty scalp mask feels odd when you first apply it (imagine a minty tingly lip balm for your scalp). It does feel nice and soothes the scalp when irritated. I'm not sure whether my scalp issues are not severe enough for this to make a good difference, but other than soothing it didn't seem to do much for me. Wouldn't repurchase.

Colgate Max White Toothpaste
I felt like this was quite whitening and the minty taste wasn't too strong. It was a pretty good toothpaste. Would repurchase.
Crest 3D White Luxe Toothpaste
To me, this toothpaste is quite overrated. It's very popular in the beauty community, but I didn't feel like it performed any better than any other regular whitening toothpaste. In any case, I don't actually want a super whitening toothpaste for daily use since it's more abrasive for the teeth and I'm prone to sensitivity. I felt like this was quite expensive too, so I wouldn't repurchase unless on sale. 
Maybelline Babylips in Peppermint and Coral Crave
I have so many other Babylips I have to go through before I can repurchase, I'm a little bummed out. I really liked both of these, because they were very slick and moisturizing. I love the finish and both were very subtle (Coral Crave didn't have much color). I loved that Peppermint was a bit tingly and had SPF in it. Would repurchase.
Clean & Clear Persa Gel 5
Already reviewed here. Already repurchased.
NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Coffee
This is not finished, but it dried out. I feel like it's probably because I bought it on clearance which might mean it was a bit old to begin with. I loved it though, the color is great it is easy to use. Already repurchased.
Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara
Already reviewed here. I've been using this non stop for over a year now, but I'm kind of getting over it. Would still repurchase though.
La Roche Posay Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser
Full review here. Would repurchase.
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
I'm not sure how I feel about this. This was quite thick for me to use underneath my eyes. It looked kind of cakey, but most concealer do that for me. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't that great. Might repurchase.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I finished one of these a long time ago, and repurchased (they last forever!). I have since then branched out to try other primers, but I used this consistently for years and I love it. Already repurchased.
EOS Lip Balm in Vanilla Mint
The only thing I enjoyed about this was the smell. I really dislike the texture and it doesn't moisturize well. It feels waxy to me and just sits on top of my lips. I forced myself to finish it, but it was a struggle. The packaging is cool, but it ends up being unhygienic towards the end. Wouldn't repurchase.
Bath and Body Works PocketBac Hand Sanitizer in Vampire Blood
Amazing smell, fun concept for Halloween, would repurchase.
La Roche-Posay Effaclar Gel Cleanser
This was a sample, so I can't say too  much about it, but it seemed quite pleasant to me. Might purchase.
Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser
Nice basic cleanser. Nothing special though. Wouldn't repurchase.


---

That's it for this beauty empties! Hope that you enjoyed this and that the format I chose to present it in helped you look at the products you were interested quickly and efficiently and made reading this more enjoyable. Let me know what you think in the comments. Also, have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...